Company Advanced Settings
You can set up your advanced settings, by heading into "Company Settings", and then "Payroll Settings". Select "Advanced Settings".
Timesheet Input Format & Preference
This area allows you to choose the Timesheet format that will best suit your company's requirements. The most commonly used is: Auto Fill Daily HH:MM which allows auto-population of the timesheet with regular set working hours (you can still edit).
There other timesheet formats are:
Auto Fill Daily Hours. Just like Auto Fill Daily HH:MM, this will populate the timesheet in the total hours format rather than in HH:MM.
Auto Fill Period Total. Unlike Auto Fill Daily Hours, this option populates the timesheet in one total.
Manually Fill Hours. Choosing this option will let you enter the hours every pay period by the total hours worked per day.
Auto Fill Period HH:MM. Unlike Auto Fill Daily HH:MM, this option will populate the total hours for the whole period in a lump sum number rather than daily.
Manually Fill HH:MM. Just like Manually Fill Hours, this option let you enter the hours by the total hours and minutes.
Start-Finish Hours HH:MM. This allows you to put in the actual start time you have worked and the time you ended by hours and minutes.
You can display more or less fields of information on your timesheets by ticking options shown under "Timesheet input requires with:" should you need to allocate labour costs across departments, branches, job types, etc.
Allowance & Deduction Settings
In this setting, you can set the minimum amount of hours an employee should work in order to get the allowance. This may differ from the allowance that is set up under Employee Settings.
KiwiSaver and Superannuation Settings
Here you can modify the settings for KiwiSaver and Superannuation as per the employment agreement.
Crystal Timesheets Module Settings (this only applies to companies that use manager add-on subscription)
Here you can modify what you want your employees to see when they log into the system.
Many of the items under "Other Settings" are rarely used, miscellaneous requirements and are best managed following discussion with one of our Support Team. However you can easily self-adjust:
- ENABLE EMPLOYEE STAFF ID. This is often used by companies who employ a lot of employees and to easily navigate through the employee list using their ID numbers.
- SWITCH TO USE SURNAME, FIRST NAME AS EMPLOYEE’S FULL NAME. As a default, all of our Employee Lists are ordered by First Name then Last Name (e.g. John Smith). If you wish to reorder the employee list by last name first (e.g. Smith, John) simply tick the box next to it.
- SWITCH TO USE EMPLOYEE JOB PAY RATE. As a default, you are able to set different Job Pay Rates for each of the different roles that your employees may fulfil (a Company level Job Pay Rate). However, should you prefer to set Job Pay Rates per specific employees you can do so by ticking the box Switch to use employee job pay rate.
- PAYROLL INFORMATION BEING ACCESSIBLE AFTER PAYMENT DATE. When you give your employees their own login to see their payslips online, this function may come in handy as they will only see information that has already been paid to them rather than when it is still being processed.
- ALLOW BATCH IMPORT NEW EMPLOYEE. When you go to "Employee Settings", "Employee Details" to add a new employee, there is only one button to set up a new employee as a default. When this is ticked, you can import numerous employees rather than manually adding it. This is done through a format provided by Crystal Payroll.
- ALLOW DUPLICATE EMPLOYEE IRD NO. Normally, there is only one IRD number per employee. When this is ticked, you can create another employee with the same IRD number. This is useful when one employee has two different tax codes (e.g. getting paid as an employee and also getting paid as a contractor).
- AUTO TOP UP MINIMUM WAGE. This comes in handy when you are paying your staff based on piece rates. Ticking this box will allow the system to automatically calculate the minimum wage when you are processing piece rates.
- AUTO TOP UP CONTRACT RATE. This is similar to when you are processing piece rates but instead of topping up to meet the minimum wage, you top up by meeting the agreed rate as per contract when doing piece work.
- WILL EMPLOY AN APPRENTICE. When this function is enabled, you can see an extra button under the "Employee Details" page, you can add the qualification needed, start and finish date, and the hours that has already been accumulated (if the qualification has already been done elsewhere besides your company).
- INPUT HISTORY. You enter your pay history in this section manually (e.g. from a previous payroll system).